CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO HEAR OR DOWNLOAD AUDIO FILES
ORIGINAL BAND COMPOSITIONS AND ARRANGEMENTS
Fantasy Suite #1
- This suite consists of three movements: On the High Seas, Western Town, and Ancient Realms.
They depict the daydreams of a child at play.
- The form and style of this piece are reminiscent of those I remember playing in the summers
on Thursday evenings in Eisenhower Park, Abilene, Kansas.
A Never-failing Stream
- Amos 5:24: "Let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!"
Drunken Sailor's March
- a light, but moderately difficult, modern programmatic piece for symphonic band.
Lad and Lassie
- This piece for concert band features two Scottish folk songs: "The Rose of Allandale," and "MacPherson’s Rant."
- This fun piece for middle school or high school gives musical expression to the simple character of the county fair.
- Handel's melody from "Judas Maccabaeus" is utilized in a dramatic setting for mixed choir and orchestra.
- A modern prelude and fugue for winds and percussion.
ORIGINAL MUSIC FOR THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY
- Four Ancient Carols
- "Masters in this Hall," "Coventry Carol," "O Come, O Come Immanuel," and "Mary's Wandering" provide
the melodic inspiration for this Christmas band work.
- With Sweet Rejoicing
- This Christmas band composition is based on two melodies by Michael Praetorius: "In Dulci Jubilo," and
"Es ist ein Ros entsprungen."
Let it Snow
- This is a fun arrangement of "Let it Snow," and "Winter Wonderland" scored for Brass Quintet.
The Three Kings
- A fairly simple arrangement of "We Three Kings" for Brass Quartet.
- "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas" and "Up on a Housetop" arranged for Woodwind Quintet.
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- This brief arrangement for Woodwind Quintet is packed full of Christmas joy. Hope it lifts your spirits!
CHAMBER ENSEMBLE & SOLO COMPOSITIONS
Suite for Trombone and Piano
- A original work for solo trombone (or euphonium) in three movements. This piece is a
clash of classical forms and modern harmony.
- This is a transcription of a composition by W.A. Mozart, arranged for brass quintet.
- Great concert opener scored for Brass Quintet!
All of this music is available for you
to reprint and use; just send an email
request. Parts and scores will be
sent in a return email in pdf format.
When Rose the Eastern Star
- This joyous yet meditative work for orchestra features the traditional German carol,
While by the Sheep
beautiful Catalonian melody,
Carol of the Birds.
A Nativity Triptych
- Looking Heavenward
- This piece, also written to be playable by intermediate level band students, is based the Spiritual melodies:
Sometimes I Feel like a Motherless Child
The Gospel Train
- An intermediate level band piece based on two American Spirituals,
Ride on King Jesus
King Jesus is a Listening.
American Spiritual Suite
- The Walls Came A Tumblin' Down
- A fun to play swingin' arrangement of
Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho.
- Il Est Ne
- This Holiday composition is based on three traditional French Christmas carols; "Sing We Now of Christmas," "The Sleep of the
Infant Jesus," and "He is Born, the Divine Christ Child." The Title,
Il Est Ne"
means "He is Born."
"When the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us,
not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy,
by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit. . ."
A Ceremonial Overture
- This piece was written for the High School Band at E Carter County High School to play at their commencement exercises
in my final year as their band director.
- This exciting work is based on three tunes commonly used in Christian Churches for the doxology;
LASST UNS ERFREUEN (All Creatures of our God and King), the Old 100th Psalm Tune, and Tallis' Canon.
- Ride On!
Eisenhower Park: Under the Stars
Thine is the Glory