THE WORD OF GOD
“For the word of God is living and active.
Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates
even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow;
it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”
Speaking of the Word, have you considered what else God’s Word says about itself?
· It is eternal and unchanging (Ps. 119:89; Matt. 5:18; 1 Peter 1:24-25), so we know it is trustworthy.
· It is the means of creation (Gen. 1:3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24; Ps. 148:4-6), so we know it is powerful.
· It is life giving and life saving (Ps. 119:37), so we know it is gracious.
· It is the means to pure and godly living (Ps. 119: 9, 11), so we know it is helpful.
· It is the source and grounds for our hope (Ps. 119:114), so we know it is encouraging.
· It is the source of true enlightenment (Ps. 119:169; Jn. 17:17) because it is truth.
· Christ is revealed through the Word (Lk. 24:27; Acts 8:35, 18:28), so we know it is revelation.
· It is the means of our Christian growth (2 Tim. 3:16-17), so we know it is necessary.
Pastor Keith Andrews